Alan Jackson with Jon Pardi and Brandy Clark appear at the Independence Events Center on Friday night. The Kansas City Jazz Orchestra presents “Mozart and Haydn” on Friday at the Unity Temple on the Plaza. The Folly Theater hosts the Artemis Quartet on Saturday night. The Lyric Opera of Kansas City presents “Tosca” at the Kauffman Center Saturday night though April 26. The Sho-Me African Violet Club Show and Sale is held at Loose Park on Saturday and Sunday. The Youth Symphony of Kansas City performs at the Kauffman Center on Sunday.
Theater April 17 through April 19:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “Avenue Q,” closes May 3.
- Chestnut Fine Arts: 234 N. Chestnut, Olathe, “Good Old Mountain Music,” closes May 3.
- Coterie Theatre: Crown Center, “Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat,” closes May 17.
- Hotel Phillips: 106 W. 12, “The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Show,” closes Oct. 10.
- Living Room Theatre: 1818 McGee, “Equus,” closes April 19.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “The Last Night of Ballyhoo,” closes May 3.
- Musical Theater Heritage: Crown Center, “Guys and Dolls,” closes April 19.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “What They Did for Love,” closes May 17.
- White Theatre: 5801 W. 115, Overland Park, “Of Mice and Men,” closes April 19.
Aftershock Bar is located at 5244 Merriam Dr. in Merriam, Kan. Saturday night the doors open at 6 p.m., Stratgazer Entertainment presents One Eyed Doll with the show beginning at 7 p.m. The show is suitable for all ages. General admission tickets are available for an upcharge of $12 each.
Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club is located just south of downtown at 3402 Main in Kansas City. On Friday night at 10 p.m., the club features The Shameless Pursuits with a $6 cover charge. On Saturday night, the club presents Phil Neal and the Wornalls, Electropossum, Green River Band, and Band 13 at 8:30 p.m. with a $6 charge.
Kelly’s Westport Inn located at 500 Westport Road, in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday the club will feature on stage the Michael Beer’s Band with Rachael and Pat at 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. on Saturday night, Off The Record takes the main stage. Kelly’s Westport Inn has an outdoor dining and drinking area located on the rooftop of the business.
The Record Bar is located at 1020 Westport Road in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday night the club presents Joey Skidmore band at 7 p.m. and at 10 p.m. Dom Chronicles, ToGs, J Bomb, Quantum Supply, and Weaver take the stage. On Saturday at 9:30 p.m., the club features Bridget Everest.
The Riot Room is located just north of Westport Rd. and Broadway at 4048 Broadway. On Friday night at 6 p.m., the club features KC Black Death Fest 2 Day Pass and at 11 p.m., Might Mouse and Louis The Child take the stage. On Saturday night at 11 p.m., the club features Swell.
The Uptown Arts Bar is located at 3611 Broadway in the Valentine Shopping District. On Friday, at 7 p.m. Woo G Ray Urban Trivia: ‘70’s edition and at 10 p.m. Norman Dexter’s Comedy Showcase and the Secret Improv Show take the stage. On Saturday at 10:30 a.m., the club hosts filming with Sara, at 8 p.m. Poetry’s A Drag, and at 10 p.m. Niche with Meta Hi-Fi.