Chris Young has already done a great job of putting out hit song after hit song. When it comes to amazing lyrics, he has so many that it is hard to narrow it down to the best ones. Young got his start on "Nashville Star" and fans haven't been able to get enough of him ever since. Check out Chris Young's top five song lyrics.
- "We're like fire and gasoline, I'm no good for you, You're no good for me, But tonight I'm gonna give in one last time, Rock you strong in these arms of mine, Forget all the regrets that are bound to follow." This is from his hit song "Tomorrow." Almost everyone can relate to this song. That feeling of knowing that a relationship is over, but you just can't give that person up yet. It is worth the regrets for just one more night.
- "My dad sayin', 'Work that job, But don't work your life away,' And mama tellin' me to drop some cash, In the offerin' plate on Sunday, And granddad sayin', 'You can have a few But don't ever cross that line' Yeah, I hear voices all the time." These lyrics are from the song "Voices" which was a huge hit for Young. You can't help but love the way he describes the things that he was taught as a young man and still listens to today.
- "Stop right there, Don't say a word, Just let me hold you, Girl, we can fix, Whatever it is, So whatever you do, Don't let us die, The love of a lifetime, Is worth at least a million tries, Baby what we got, Is too good for goodbye." Even though the song "Goodbye" was never released, fans of Chris Young would say these lyrics rank up there as their favorite. When you can tell a relationship is about to fall apart, sometimes you know that it is too good to just let it go.
- "Walkin' through the front door, Seein' your black dress hit the floor." This simple line from "Gettin' You Home" was enough to make the song known as "The Black Dress Song" and women everywhere had to find their own black dress. This lyric is perfect and makes everyone know exactly what is on his mind.
- "Come on and text me, Texas, Before you turn off your phone, I'm a wreck and I'm restless, Gotta feelin' that you're not alone." Everyone has had that feeling where they just want to hear from the girl or guy they are dating and will do anything they can to hear from them just like in "Text Me Texas." This song was never released as a single for Young, but fans would love to be the girl Chris Young is begging to get a text from.