The Loudwire Music Awards Show is finally taking the stage as the annual awards — previously only conducted online — prepare for the first ever live show, Oct. 24 at The Novo in downtown Los Angeles. Tickets for the event are available right here on AXS and those who will be watching from home can check out the festivities on AXS TV.
For years Loudwire has been a major player in the hard rock and heavy metal community, and their annual online awards have been a staple in honoring the best of the genres. For its first live event, WWE superstar and Fozzy frontman Chris Jericho will play host as awards are given out in 14 categories. The list of nominees has dropped and fans will have the opportunity to cast their votes for their favorite rockers in the various categories [Please note: polls have closed as of Oct. 2].
Along with the awards for each category, the evening will have special honors for Tony Iommi and Rob Halford. Sammy Hagar will also be honored with the Humanitarian Award for the work he and his wife, Kari, do for their non-profit Hagar Family Foundation, which aims to provide food and funds to charities in need.
“It’s always exciting to receive an award," Hagar told Loudwire. "But this one is extra special. To be recognized for something you truly love doing and in front of an audience of your peers doesn’t get any better than that." Eleven days before the award show, Oct. 13, the Red Rocker will be celebrating his 70th birthday in Cabo. AXS TV will dedicate its Saturday programming, Oct. 14, to Hagar with episodes of his show "Rock and Roll Road Trip" and his 2016 interview with Dan Rather on "The Big Interview" along with some other special programming.
Back in LA Oct. 24, the Loudwire Music Awards will feature plenty of musical performances, including sets from Anthrax, Halestorm, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, Body Count, Nothing More, Starset and Power Trip. There will also be special appearances by Zakk Wylde, Vinnie Paul, Steve Vai, Rex Brown, Brendon Small, John 5 and Brian Posehn and Avenged Sevenfold will be closing out the night as the headlining act.
Check out the full list of nominees for the 2017 Loudwire Music Awards below.
2017 LOUDWIRE MUSIC AWARD NOMINEES
METAL ALBUM OF THE YEAR (presented by RAZOR & TIE)
• Avenged Sevenfold, The Stage
• Body Count, Bloodlust
• Code Orange, Forever
• Mastodon, Emperor of Sand
• Metallica, Hardwired…To Self-Destruct
• Power Trip, Nightmare Logic
METAL SONG OF THE YEAR (presented by APPLE MUSIC)
• Body Count, “No Lives Matter”
• DragonForce, “Ashes of the Dawn”
• Municipal Waste, “Amateur Sketch”
• Obituary, “Sentence Day”
• Pallbearer, “I Saw The End”
• Power Trip, “Executioner’s Tax (Swing of the Axe)”
BEST VOCALIST (presented by FEARLESS RECORDS)
• Chester Bennington, Linkin Park
• Maria Brink, In This Moment
• Bruce Dickinson, Iron Maiden
• Myles Kennedy, Alter Bridge
• MLNY Parsonz, Royal Thunder
• Corey Taylor, Stone Sour
• Tosin Abasi, Animals as Leaders
• Synyster Gates & Zacky Vengeance, Avenged Sevenfold
• Brent Hinds & Bill Kelliher, Mastodon
• Dave Mustaine & Kiko Loureiro, Megadeth
• Mark Tremonti, Alter Bridge
• Zakk Wylde, Ozzy Osbourne/Zakk Sabbath
Don't forget to get tickets to the event right here on AXS.