Chris Young's new album I'm Comin' Over (anchored by the title track and current radio single) is now up for pre-order, and the neo-traditionalist treats fans with a new song called "Think of You," featuring former "The Voice" season three champion Cassadee Pope. The new song is a thumping pop-country ode to a former flame. "It's like there's an always an empty space," they croon on the sweeping chorus, which drips with nostalgia and sorrow. Despite being a giddy uptempo number, the song is doused with regret.
Take a listen to "Think of You" above, and grab a copy of the track on Apple Music. "Making this record, it just feels different," Young told Rolling Stone recently. "Nothing changed for the sake of change. It changed because it was the right way to go. . . Half the songs on the record were written by me, Corey (Crowder) and Josh (Hoge). That became the nucleus of this record, and that was really different for me."
On the Pope collaboration, he explained the meaning behind it, "It is a little bit different because if you tell somebody, 'Hey, we wrote a male-female duet,' they're going to instantly think it's a ballad. But this one is not; it's more of a tempo song, and it's an interesting perspective on how when you're in a relationship with somebody for so long, all of your friends start to think of you as a pair. So when that's over, it can be really strange, not only for you, but also for the people you're around."
Young's forthcoming fifth studio album, I'm Comin' Over, is set for a Nov. 13 release and sees the singer try his hand for the first-time ever at producing. The album boasts 13 tracks and also features living legend musician and singer-songwriter Vince Gill (on a song called "Sober Saturday Night"). The record is co-produced with Corey Crowder and also includes songwriting contributions from many of Nashville's finest tunesmiths, such as Josh Hoge, Liz Rose, Carey Barlowe, and Brad and Brett Warren.
Currently, Young is trekking across the country on the American leg of his I'm Comin' Over Tour, which he kicked off earlier this month with a hometown show in downtown Nashville. His opening-night setlist included such tracks as Tomorrow,” “You,” “Voices,” “Gettin’ You Home" and “The Man I Want To Be." The adventure continues further into the fall. Find out additional details here.
The album track list is as follows:
1. "Heartbeat" (Chris Young, Corey Crowder, Josh Hoge)
2. "I'm Comin' Over" (Chris Young, Corey Crowder, Josh Hoge)
3. "Think Of You" (Duet with Cassadee Pope) (Chris Young, Corey Crowder, Josh Hoge)
"You Do The Talkin'"(Cary Barlowe, Corey Crowder, Liz Rose)
5. "I Know A Guy" (Benjy Davis, Brett Tyler)
6. "Alone Tonight" (Chris Young, Corey Crowder, Josh Hoge)
7. "Sunshine Overtime" (Chris Young, Corey Crowder, Jeremy Stover)
8. "Sober Saturday Night" (featuring Vince Gill) (Chris Young, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
9. "Underdogs" (Chris Young, Corey Crowder, Josh Hoge)
10. "Callin' My Name" (Chris Young, Corey Crowder, Jonathan Singleton)
11. "What If I Stay" (Chris Young, Johnny Bulford, Josh Hoge)
Don't forget to pre-order the album (officially) today!