Janet Jackson has been mostly out of the public eye since her infamous Super Bowl halftime performance with Justin Timberlake and the untimely death of her brother. That's all changed in the last few weeks with rumors of her releasing a new album and possibly the lead single dropping sometime this month.
Her longtime friend and collaborator, Jimmy Jam recently took to Twitter with hints of her long-awaited comeback. Janet's new album comes hot on the heels of a seven-year layoff. The album will likely be released this fall. While no official title has been announced it could be called Conversations in a Café, according to recent tweets made by the superstar herself.
To get you ready for new music from Miss Jackson here are five things we love about her:
1. She's an incredible dancer. Janet Jackson holds the record as a 10-time nominee and a four-time winner of the MTV Music Award for best choreography. She's perhaps the greatest dancer in pop music next to her brother, Michael.
2. She's a trend-setter. Janet has always pushed fashion and culture forward through her music videos including the 1993 masterpiece “That’s The Way Love Goes.” She’s been imitated but never duplicated by artists such as Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, and Ciara. When you think of edgy, you think of Janet.
3. She's an incredible live performer. Janet’s Rhythm Nation 1814 World Tour became the most successful debut tour in history and set a record for the fastest sell-out of Japan’s Tokyo Dome.
4. She is critically acclaimed. She has received 12 American Music Awards, six Grammy Awards, nine MTV Video Music Awards, and 33 Billboard Music Awards, the most of any artist.
5. She can act. Janet will always be remembered as the beautiful little girl portraying Penny Gordon Woods on the '70s sitcom "Good Times." Star turns on the hit shows "Diff'rent Strokes" and "Fame" would soon follow. She'd venture into movies with John Singleton's Poetic Justice reminding us that talent runs deep in the Jackson family.