It's been almost two years now since Halestorm unleashed their larger-than-life third studio album, Into The Wild Life. Although that album is jam packed with a whopping thirteen robust songs, each strapping in their own way - it's time for something new.
As recently as last summer, Halestorm's dynamic front-woman, Lzzy Hale, spoke about how the band was already working on material for their next release. In fact, Halestorm never actually stopped writing since their work on Into The Wild Life was complete, which is pretty exciting news for Halestorm fans.
The other cool thing that's been in the works in Halestorm camp is their new covers release titled ReAniMate 3.0: The CoVeRs eP and it's officially out today. Though only six tracks in total, each of these songs packs a punch and pay homage to some of the greats in rock and heavy metal whilst still delighting in Halestorm's signature grit and style. Covering songs by bands like Metallica and Joan Jett and the BLackhearts, Whitesnake, Soundgarden, twenty one pilots and Sophie B. Hawkins, Halestorm's ReAniMate 3.0: The CoVeRs eP is a quintessential hard rocking release fully equip to hold fans over until Halestorm's new studio album is ready to go.
Official tracklisting of Halestorm's ReAniMate 3.0: The CoVeRs eP is as follows:
1. Still Of The Night (Originally Performed By Whitesnake)
2. Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover (Originally Performed By Sophie B. Hawkins)
3. I Hate Myself For Loving You (Originally Performed By Joan Jett & The Blackhearts)
4. Heathens (Originally Performed By Twenty One Pilots)
5. Fell On Black Days (Originally Performed By Soundgarden)
6. Ride The Lightning (Originally Performed By Metallica)