“Star Trek” pioneer and part-time recording artist William Shatner will be releasing his first-ever holiday album next month, due to a high demand of course. The album will be titled Shatner Claus – The Christmas Album, and is currently scheduled to arrive on Oct. 26th via Clepoatra Records. Luckily for rock fans, the 14-track holiday album won’t just include vocal work from Shatner, but will also feature guest appearances from Black Flag singer Henry Rollins, ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons, Iggy Pop, country star Brad Paisley, Todd Rundgren and many more.
As Rolling Stone reports, the star-studded Christmas album will also feature guest performances Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson on “Silver Bells,” Judy Collins on “White Christmas,” YES keyboardist Rick Wakeman on “O Come, O Come Emmanuel” and King Crimson saxophonist Mel Collins on “Twas The Night Before.” The album’s entire track listing with all of its affiliated guest performers can be seen below.
Fans will hopefully notice that there’s even a bonus track with a punk version of “Jingle Bells” featuring Henry Rollins, which should be enough to get the adrenaline going to out-spend every sleepless parent on Black Friday this year. The track was released early via SoundCloud and can be heard in full in the embedded stream seen below.
Earlier this year Shatner released a country album alongside Alabama's Jeff Cook for a collaborative project titled, Why Not Me? The project was Shatner’s ninth album dating back to his “Trek” days in 1966 when Decca Records released The Transformed Man.
"I always wanted to sing," Shatner told Billboard earlier this year. "I took some singing lessons as a young actor, but I didn't have time to follow through. I probably could have learned to sing, but I never did.”
Lynyrd Skynyrd drummer Artimus Pyle and the Cars guitarist Elliot Easton will also appear on the album when it arrives on Oct. 26. The album will be available for purchase on both CD and limited edition red vinyl and can be pre-ordered by clicking here.
Shatner Claus – The Christmas Album Track List:
1. “Jingle Bells” (featuring Henry Rollins)
2. “Blue Christmas” (featuring Brad Paisley)
3. “Little Drummer Boy” (featuring Joe Louis Walker)
4. “Winter Wonderland” (featuring Todd Rundgren, Artimus Pyle)
5. “Twas The Night Before” Christmas (featuring Mel Collins)
6. “Run Rudolph Run” (featuring Elliot Easton)
7. “O Come, O Come Emmanuel” (featuring Rick Wakeman)
8. “Silver Bells” (featuring Ian Anderson)
9. “One for You, One For Me”
10. “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer” (featuring Billy Gibbons)
11. “Silent Night” (featuring Iggy Pop)
12. “White Christmas” (featuring Judy Collins)
13. “Feliz Navidad” (featuring Dani Bender)
14. Jingle Bells” (featuring Henry Rollins) [Bonus Track]