The League of Legends European Championship recently revealed the schedule for the opening week of its spring split, which begins Jan. 18.
Each of the ten European League of Legends teams will play once on both Friday and Saturday for a total of five best-of-one matches each day. The first game of the opening week will see Fnatic, the runners-up of the 2018 World Championship, face off against SK Gaming, one of the league’s newest franchises.
Formerly known as the European League of Legends Championship Series, the European league rebranded in November to mark the introduction of its new franchise model. The LEC follows a similar structure to the EU LCS, featuring a total of ten teams who will compete against one another in a spring and summer split.
The opening week schedule for the LEC is as follows:
- Fnatic vs. SK Gaming – 9 a.m. PT
- exceL Esports vs. Splyce – 10 a.m. PT
- Team Vitality vs. FC Schalke 04 – 11 a.m. PT
- Rogue vs. Misfits Gaming - 12 p.m. PT
- Origen vs. G2 Esports - 1 p.m. ET
- G2 Esports vs. FC Schalke 04 – 8 a.m. PT
- Rogue vs. exceL Esports – 9 a.m. PT
- Splyce vs. Team Vitality – 10 a.m. PT
- Misfits Gaming vs. SK Gaming – 11 a.m. PT
- Origen vs. Fnatic – 12 p.m. PT