Singer Michael Bublé hasn’t given a public performance since October of last year, as he and his wife have been putting all their time energy into their young son’s cancer diagnosis. The “Haven’t Met You Yet” singer gave fans a more positive update early on Monday, announcing that his first show back following his family-focused hiatus will take place next summer during BST Hyde Park on July 13, 2018.
BST (British Summer Time) concert series takes place in the famous park in central London over a two weekend span. Michael’s return to the stage will take place the second Friday of the two week event, with Roger Waters and Bruno Mars also scheduled to deliver headlining performances during the outdoor summer run next July. According to the announcement, his appearance at the event will be his only performance in the U.K. next year.
“I can’t wait to come over to see my fans in London and play BST Hyde Park for my largest ever UK show!” Bublé said in a statement with Monday’s announcement. “You guys have been patient and I can't thank you enough for all your support.”
This was the first major announcement from Bublé and his wife Luisana Lopilato, since they gave a more optimistic update on their son’s condition last April.
“I would like to thank people for their support, for the prayers they said, for their love,” Lopilato told fans back in the spring. “I want them to know that they reached us and that it helped us a lot to come through this."
Bublé, a four-time Grammy winner, released his ninth and latest studio album in Nobody but Me back on Oct. 21, 2016. The release must have been awfully bittersweet, as it came right around the time when his three-year-old son was diagnosed with cancer.
Tickets to his comeback performance at BST Hyde Park will be going on sale this Friday, Nov. 17, and can be purchased by clicking here.