Recent Articles
  • Flick beats Bedford in LFA 16

    Flick beats Bedford in LFA 16

    Jimmy Flick of Sand Springs, Oklahoma delivered an impressive upset on Friday in LFA 16. Flick beat Johnny Bedford of Woodville, Ohio with a D'Arce choke submission in the main event from the Bomb Factory in Dallas, Texas.  With the victory, Flick, who fights in the bantamweight class, improved to a...
  • Erin Hamlin 

    Hamlin and Sweeney win gold and silver at Women's World Cup Luge in Park City

    American lugers won gold and silver at a women's World Cup luge in Park City, Utah on Saturday. Reigning Olympic bronze medalist Erin Hamlin of New Hartford, New York won the gold medal with a time of 1:29.257. Emily Sweeney of Portland, Maine won the silver medal with a time of 1:29.384. The medal...
  • Steven Holcomb 

    Holcomb wins two World Cup bobsled medals in Lake Placid

    American bobsledder Steven Holcomb of Park City, Utah had a very successful bobsled World Cup in Lake Placid, New York this past weekend. Holcomb won the silver medal in a World Cup four man event on Saturday and a gold medal in a World Cup two man event on Friday.  On Saturday, Holcomb teamed up...
  • Jamie Anderson 

    Anderson wins World Cup women's big air snowboarding event in Copper Mountain

    American Olympic gold medalist Jamie Anderson of South Lake Tahoe, California won a World Cup women's big air snowboarding event in Copper Mountain, Colorado on Saturday. For Anderson it was her second World Cup title in 2016 as she also won in Quebec City, Quebec on February 13.  Anderson, who is...
  • Lindsey Vonn 

    American skiing legend Lindsey Vonn has arm surgery

    American women's skiing superstar Lindsey Vonn of Saint Paul, Minnesota underwent arm surgery on Thursday. Vonn broke her arm in a training crash at Copper Mountain, Colorado. Vonn won the gold medal in the women's downhill at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver. Luckily for Vonn, the surgery...
  • Bartolo Colon 

    Atlanta Braves sign another 40+ year old veteran in pitching rotation

    Obviously the Atlanta Braves are not going through much of a youth movement in their rebuilding process and attempt to get better in the National League East for the 2017 Major League Baseball season. On Friday, the Braves signed 43 year-old free agent Bartolo Colon to a one year deal worth a...
  • Nathan Chen 

    Nathan Chen breaks American figure skating record

    It appears the United States has a figure skater that could be a medal contender in the men's competition at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang. On Friday, Nathan Chen of Salt Lake City, Utah successfully landed two quadruple jumps in posting a score of 92.85 at the Trophee de France in...
  • Jozy Altidore 

    American content in 2016 MLS Eastern Conference Finals

    Toronto FC will play the Montreal Impact in the 2016 Eastern Conference Final of the Major League Soccer playoffs starting November 22. Even though the two teams are Canadian and will play the two game total point series on Canadian soil, there will be plenty of American content in the games...
  • Conor Casey 

    Look back at the 2010 MLS Cup

    There is a chance that the 2016 MLS Cup will be played on Canadian soil. That will be the case if the Seattle Sounders beat the Colorado Rapids in the Western Conference Final and if Toronto FC beats the Montreal Impact in the Eastern Conference Final. However, this will not be the first time that...
  • Shkelzen Gashi 

    Rapids are underdogs in Western Conference Final of MLS Cup playoffs

    The Colorado Rapids are the underdog for the 2016 Major League Soccer Western Conference Finals. The Rapids only have a 46% chance to reach the MLS Cup playoffs, while their Western Conference opponent, the Seattle Sounders, have a 54% chance.  The Rapids are the underdogs even though they had ten...
  • Jordan Morris of Seattle Sounders named MLS Rookie of the Year

    Jordan Morris of Seattle Sounders named MLS Rookie of the Year

    Seattle Sounders Jordan Morris of Seattle, Washington has been named Major League Soccer's rookie of the year. Morris led the Sounders this past year with 12 goals and was tied for third on the team with four assists. He also led a Major League Soccer record this season with five game winning goals...
  • R.A. Dickey 

    Braves sign R.A. Dickey from Blue Jays

    It appears the Atlanta Braves believe knuckleballer R.A. Dickey of Nashville, Tennessee has more baseball left. On Thursday, the Braves signed Dickey to a one year contract worth $7.5 million.  If you are a person who thinks the Braves might have overpaid to get the 42 year-old veteran into their...
  • LA Clippers giveaways: Nov. 9 is Jamal Crawford bobblehead night

    LA Clippers giveaways: Nov. 9 is Jamal Crawford bobblehead night

    The only thing better than going to the STAPLES Center to see the L.A. Clippers win is getting free stuff while seeing the Clippers win. Fans will have just such an opportunity on Nov. 9, as the team will be giving away free Jamal Crawford bobbleheads in advance of their game against the Portland...
  • Nazem Kadri 

    Nazem Kadri is significantly underrated in fantasy hockey

    We are now close to one month into the 2016-17 National Hockey League season, and is safe to say that Nazem Kadri of the Toronto Maple Leafs is underrated in the fantasy hockey world. At the present time he is only selected in 42% of Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey Leagues despite a relatively solid start to...
  • Carlos Ruiz 

    Dodgers trade Carlos Ruiz to Mariners for Vidal Nuno

    The Seattle Mariners acquired a veteran catcher on Monday when they brought Carlos Ruiz into the organization. Ruiz came to the Mariners in a trade with the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Dodgers traded Ruiz for left handed pitcher Vidal Nuno.  In 2016, Ruiz split his time with the Dodgers and...
  • Bud Black 

    Rockies name Bud Black manager

    The Colorado Rockies named Bud Black of San Mateo, California as their seventh manager in franchise history on Monday. However Black becomes the first former pitcher to become a manager in the Rockies organization.  Black pitched for the Seattle Mariners, Kansas City Royals. Cleveland Indians...
  • Madison Chock and Evan Bates 

    Chock and Bates win silver in ice dancing at ISU Grand Prix in Russia

    American figure skaters Madison Chock of Redondo Beach, Calif. and Evan Bates of Ann Arbor, Mich. are definite medal contenders at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang. On Saturday, Chock and Bates won the silver medal in the ice dancing competition at the 2016 Rostelecom Cup in Moscow...
  • Diamondbacks add outfield depth by acquiring Hazelbaker from Cardinals

    Diamondbacks add outfield depth by acquiring Hazelbaker from Cardinals

    The Arizona Diamondbacks added depth to their outfield on Saturday by acquiring Jeremy Hazelbaker of Muncie, Indiana. Hazelbaker batted .235 with 12 home runs and 28 ruins batted in with the Cardinals in 2016.  The Diamondbacks already have Yasmany Tomas and A.J. Pollock signed long term, and are in...
  • Jorge Soler 

    Cubs to go with Soler in right field for game three of 2016 World Series

    The Chicago Cubs will be going with Jorge Soler in right field for game three of the 2016 World Series at Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois against the Cleveland Indians. Soler, a native of Havana, Cuba, has struggled during the 2016 Major League Baseball postseason.  Soler has not collected a base...
  • Laurent Ciman 

    Impact set franchise record for playoff goals in one game

    The Montreal Impact have set a  franchise record for goals in a Major League Soccer playoff game. On Thursday from RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C., the Impact scored four goals as a team in their 4-2 win over D.C. United. The Impact broke their playoff franchise record of three goals that was set in...
Sponsor

Sign up for our weekly event guide email.

Be the first to know. Get personalized event announcements, updates, and reviews every week with the AXS.com event guide email.

Privacy Policy