Van Morrison continues to roll out studio albums at a prolific pace. Hot on the heels of his releasing his collaborative effort with Joey DeFrancesco You're Driving Me Crazy in April, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer has announced his 40th studio album The Prophet Speaks, which will hit shelves Dec. 7 via Caroline International.
The six-time Grammy winner released details about the album on Oct. 2 via Facebook and other social media ahead of launching an extensive tour of the U.K. and Ireland with a big three-night hometown gig between Oct. 2 - Oct. 4 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, at Europa Hotel. The Prophet Speaks features the “Brown Eyed Girl” hitmaker teaming up once again with multi-instrumentalist DeFrancesco on a combination of original material and covers of classic blues and R&B standards.
The Belfast Belter pens a half dozen songs on the upcoming release, including the album's title track. Covers include Muddy Water's “Rollin' and Tumblin',” John Lee Hooker's “Dimples” and Sam Cooke's “Laughin' and Clownin'.”
The Prophet Speaks is available for preorder here in CD, digital, vinyl and streaming formats. Fans will receive an instant grat track of the self-titled lead single with each pre-order purchase and can listen to the official audio for the track here.
Van The Man wrapped up his 2018 U.S. tour leg on Sept. 16 in Bristow, Virginia. The multi-platinum seller will make only one more stop in the U.S. in 2018 at a two-night stand between Nov. 14 – Nov. 15 in Oakland, CA, at Fox Theatre, but will make a triumphant return in 2019 for a winter residency in Sin City, which will take place between Jan. 25 through Feb. 3 in Las Vegas at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. Grab your Van Morrison tickets now at AXS.
See below for the full track listing for The Prophet Speaks. For all the latest details on Van Morrison, click here.
Van Morrison The Prophet Speaks track listing:
1. “Gonna Send You Back to Where I Got You From” (Eddie “Cleanhead” Vinson, Leona Blackman)
2. “Dimples” (John Lee Hooker, James Bracken)
3. “Got to Go Where the Love Is” (Van Morrison)
4. “Laughin’ and Clownin'” (Sam Cooke)
5. “5 am Greenwich Mean Time” (Van Morrison)
6. “Gotta Get You Off My Mind” (Solomon Burke, Delores Burke, Josephine Burke Moore)
7. “Teardrops” (J.D. Harris)
8. “I Love the Life I Live” (Willie Dixon)
9. “Worried Blues / Rollin’ and Tumblin'” (J.D. Harris)
10. “Ain’t Gonna Moan No More” (Van Morrison)
11. “Love is a Five Letter Word” (Gene Barge)
12. “Love is Hard Work” (Van Morrison)
13. “Spirit Will Provide” (Van Morrison)
14. “The Prophet Speaks” (Van Morrison)