The Los Angeles Kings are entering their 52nd season in the National Hockey League and 19th season at Staples Center. The hockey team has become very popular in southern California and has had an average attendance in the last two seasons of 18, 240.
Here are five reasons why you should attend a Los Angeles Kings game at the STAPLES Center:
5) Get to meet Bailey--A 6'4" lion, Bailey became the Kings mascot in 2007. Named after the Kings scout, Ace Bailey, who died in the 2001 terrorist attack at the World Trade Center in New York City, Bailey was selected by the Cartoon Network as the most awesome mascot among the top four professional sports leagues in 2014!
4) Private box viewing option--Fans have an opportunity to rent a private box to watch the Los Angeles Kings! This is a great option for fans in a large group. A private box includes luxury seating, an excellent vantage point of the game, luxury seating, catering and television.
3) A chance to take pictures of Kings statues outside Staples Center--There are a number of Kings statues outside the Staples Center. They include statues of Kings legends Wayne Gretzky, Luc Robitaille, broadcaster Bob Miller and a monument of the Kings celebrating a Stanley Cup victory.
2) A chance to see Drew Doughty--One of the most outstanding defensemen in the National Hockey League, Drew Doughty is expected to be with the Kings for a long time. In the offseason, Doughty signed an eight-year contract with the Kings for $88 million. The blueliner could be considered the face of the Kings and has won championships at many levels. He has won a World Junior Hockey Championship. World Cup, two Olympic gold medals and two Stanley Cups with the Kings.
1) Entertainers galore--You will not know what Hollywood star you have a chance to meet at a Kings game. Stars who have attended Kings games in the past include Michael J. Fox, Tom Hanks, Will Ferrell, Channing Tatum, Justin Bieber and Cuba Gooding Jr.